The RussMatt Tampa Bay Invitational Introducing the newest RussMatt Baseball college spring break event for NCAA DI & Junior Colleges.
Why do more college coaches choose RussMatt Baseball for their spring break scheduling needs than all our spring break tournaments combined?
1) Scheduling: All scheduling is done by a former head college coach with 25 years experience on the NCAA D I and D III levels. After receiving the list of participating teams in November, coaches submit our on-line schedule request form indicating number of games per day, off day and who the do and do not want to play. In addition to that information, we know who should be matched-up based on previous year's records and NCAA regions (coaches can request in-region games, a schedule based on win-loss records or a combination of both). Full practices with on-field BP are also available.
2) Lodging: In addition to several affordable hotel choices ($79-$109 per night off the water/$109-$149 for suite or beach front properties) we offer a condo option ($125-$145 per night) that is very popular with teams. For the equivalent of $99 per night, quad occupancy in a hotel room, players can have their own bed, 2 full baths with showers, washer dryer, full kitchen, cable TV, heated pool and internet hook-up at our spacious Shorewalk Vacation Villas (see Team Hotel/Condos tab for more info).
3) Affordability: We don't bundle fees like other tournaments do (combining game fees, hotel charges and meal expenses) allowing us to offer the lowest rates in the business, saving your team thousands of dollars (see Team Registration tab for more info).
4) Facilities: The RussMatt Tampa Bay Invitational is played at the Tampa Bay Rays former spring training facility featuring historic, oceanfront Al Lang Stadium and 5 nearby pro back fields at the Walter Fuller Complex (see Venue Photo tab for more info).
5) Tampa Bay: The St. Pete/Clearwater area offers some of the best beaches in the country, all within a few miles of downtown St. Pete or Tampa. Four major league teams (Yankees, Phillies, Blue Jays and Pirates) spring train within a short drive of our host hotels.
6) Customer Service: Over 90% of our teams return each year (see testimonial tab here). In addition to the owner/tournament director being a former college coach, all of our site directors are former college coaches who understand baseball and coaches/players needs. Water and cups are supplied for all games/practices. All fields are dragged and lined before/between games and are maintained by professional grounds crews. On site locker rooms are available for get-away-day showers for a nominal charge.
7) Umpires: Unlike other Florida spring break tournaments that use local umpires or students from nearby umpire schools, RussMatt Baseball only hires experienced, northern college umpires that are assigned to northern college conferences, including many who regularly work NCAA D I games. We also solicit feedback from coaches on umpires. If there is a specific complaint about an umpire that is verified by the opposing coach then the umpire in question is terminated.
8) Proximity to Major Florida Airports: Teams playing in the RussMatt Tampa Bay Invitational can fly into Tampa, St. Pete/Clearwater or Sarasota and be at their hotel within minutes.
Contact: For more information on the 2014 RussMatt Tampa Bay Invitational contact:
RussMatt Baseball reserves the right to reject the application, or refund the registration fee, of any team applying to participate in any RussMatt Invitational. Teams are not officially accepted into a RussMatt Invitational until the tournament schedule is posted on our web site.