The RussMatt Orlando North Invitational, a new college, high school and club team spring break baseball tournament to begin in February 2018 at the recently completed 27 million dollar Seminole County Sports Complex, a state-of-the-art artificial turf facility featuring 9 full size baseball fields.
Why do so many college, high school and club team coaches choose RussMatt Baseball for their spring break tournament needs?
1) Facilities: The Seminole County Sports Complex, located 25 miles northeast of Orlando, is the only multi-field, full size, artificial turf baseball complex in Florida. (see Venue Photo tab for more info) or take the virtual tour here. The complex features 9 lighted full size fields, 15 batting cages, 2 concession stands, meeting rooms and picnic areas.
2) Scheduling: All scheduling is done by a former head college coach with 25 years experience on the NCAA D I and D III levels. After receiving the list of participating teams in November, coaches submit our on-line schedule request form indicating number of games per day, off day and who they do and do not want to play. In addition to that information, we know who should be matched-up based on previous years' records and historic program strength. Full practices with on-field BP are also available.
3) Reduced Rain-Outs: No more wet field delays or postponements due to field conditions. Since the only dirt on the fields are mound clay strips, once the rain stops fields are ready for play.
4) Lodging: In addition to affordable hotel options ($60-$129 per night), our condo ($135-$165 per night) and pool home ($135-$185 per night) offerings are very popular choices among college coaches. For the equivalent of $80 per night, quad occupancy in a hotel room, players can have their own bed, 2 full baths with showers, washer dryer, full kitchen, cable TV, heated pool and internet hook-up in our spacious condos and pool homes. (see Team Hotel/Condos tab for more info).
5) Affordability: We don't bundle fees like other tournaments do (combining game fees, hotel charges and meal expenses), allowing RussMatt Baseball to offer the lowest rates in the business (see Team Registration tab for more info). 6) Customer Service: Over 90% of our teams return each year (see testimonial tab here). In addition to the owner/tournament director being a former college coach, all of our site directors are former college coaches who understand baseball and coaches/players needs. Full pre-game infield/outfield practice is scheduled before all games. Water and cups supplied on benches.
7) Umpires: Unlike other Florida spring break tournaments that use local umpires or students from nearby umpire schools, RussMatt Baseball only hires experienced, northern college umpires that are assigned to northern college conferences, including many who regularly work NCAA D I games.
8) Proximity to Major Florida Airports: The Seminole County Sports Complex is located within 2 miles of the Orlando/Sanford Airport and is about a 30 minute drive to Orlando International Airport.
Contact: For more information on the 2018 RussMatt Orlando North Invitational contact:
RussMatt Baseball reserves the right to reject the application, or refund the registration fee, of any team applying to participate in any RussMatt Invitational. Teams are not officially accepted into a RussMatt Invitational until the tournament schedule is posted on our web site.